Friday, May 21, 2021

Lao Chen Carrot Cake & Popiah (老陳菜頭粿·薄餅), Tiong Bahru Food Centre

Lao Chen Carrot Cake & Popiah (老陳菜頭粿·薄餅), radish cake

I remember getting poh piah from this stall (#02-83 Tiong Bahru Food Centre, 30 Seng Poh Road) years ago but don't recall much of it. This was presumably my first time getting radish cake from them - ordered with extra eggs. For some reasons, the taste was triggering memories that I hadn't expected. The kway reminded me of those brown triangular carrot cakes that I used to eat ages ago and the eggs made me think of oyster omelette. Not a bad plate of chai tow kway. I liked that there were some crusty caramelized bits on some of the edges.

This stall doesn't do the black and white order by the way.

Lao Chen Carrot Cake & Popiah (老陳菜頭粿·薄餅), Tiong Bahru Food Centre

No comments: