Friday, June 10, 2022

The Noodle Memories (古月麵), Hong Lim Food Centre

The Noodle Memories (古月麵), dry chilli ban mee chicken cutlet

I've never had ban mian/pan mee in Malaysia so I'm not familiar with how it's like over there. I have had some bowls that were from Malaysian brandings though - like say Nam Kee Pau so I'm gonna assume that they're are kinda similar. The Noodle Memories (#02-27 Hong Lim Food Centre, 531A Upper Cross Street) are run by a couple of people from KL so....same things? 

This was their dry chilli bowl that has a chicken cutlet added on.

The Noodle Memories (古月麵), dry chilli ban mee chicken cutlet

The taste wasn't bad but didn't quite pack the punch I was hoping for. Tasted "friendly"...if you catch my drift. It didn't share the intensity in flavour like bowls from Grandma Ban Mee (老妈子板面) or Malaysia Chiak!. The heat was relatively mild and their fried shallots didn't taste like it was made by them......if you caught that drift. Noodle texture was passable but not impressive. YMMV.

That being said, it was by no means mediocre. There was pretty good mix of ingredients and the quality wasn't bad at all. Except maybe for the fried shallots. Maybe I just needed to ask for more chilli to 大辣 the bowl.

The Noodle Memories (古月麵), Hong Lim Food Centre

No comments: