Sunday, October 11, 2026

Country Cob Bakery, Springvale, Melbourne

Country Cob Bakery, Springvale, Melbourne

One of the things we've been looking forward to this trip was pies. After some "research", I had to concede that the options were overwhelming. Country Cob Bakery (890-892 Princes Highway, Springvale, Melbourne) looked like a good shop as any for a newbie because...... 

Country Cob Bakery, Springvale, Melbourne

......it's home of Australia's best pie? 😂 Even the options here was overwhelming.

Country Cob Bakery, pies

We settled on a few. They all looked mostly the same on the outside with that buttery brown pastry shell.

Country Cob Bakery, curry scallop pie

Curry scallop pie's not bad. The curry appeared to have a lot of green peas in them and was a little coconut-y. Not as much scallops in it as I thought but I'm not complaining.

Country Cob Bakery, malaysian prawn pie

The Malaysian prawn pie tasted like an creamy and less spicy version of laksa. Most people back home will never identify this as laksa. It tasted like laksa rempah. Just not exactly laksa. And no laksa leaves. Not bad. Chunky prawns in there.

Country Cob Bakery, plain beef pie

My favourite was their plain beef pie which had a intensely flavoured, creamy and velvety filling of beef gravy. There's small bits of beef in that delicious gravy and I liked it. 👍🏼

Country Cob Bakery, vanilla slice

Vanilla slice - or what I also discovered was named "snot block". Our first snot block. The layer inside between the pastry tasted custardy like how I imagined it.

Country Cob Bakery, Springvale, Melbourne

No comments:

Post a Comment