Saturday, October 10, 2026

Lune Croissanterie, Fitzroy, Melbourne

Lune Croissanterie, Fitzroy, Melbourne

Came across Lune Croissanterie and their hype engine which included the founder Kate Reid, a former Formula One aerodynamicist who pivoted to baking and now uses her background to bring technical precision to the world of pastry.

Lune Croissanterie, Fitzroy, Melbourne

From what we gathered, every croissant takes three days to make through meticulous dough-folding, resting, and temperature control inside a futuristic glass cube kitchen. 

You already know you're never ever going to discern all of that effort in the pastry.

Lune Croissanterie, Fitzroy, Melbourne

We skipped the shop in the CBD under advisement and visited the larger shop at Fitzroy (19 Rose Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne).

Lune Croissanterie, sparkling water

Sparkling water is....free. As much as you want. 😬

Lune Croissanterie, almond croissant
Lune Croissanterie, almond croissant

That's the "Almond" - frangipane filled with a ridge of toasted almond slices. It's okay-ish. I prefer the rendition of croissant aux amandes from The Stamford Brasserie which I thought was more expressive with the frangipane. 

Lune Croissanterie, kouign amann
Lune Croissanterie, kouign amann

Kouign amann also okay. Buttery, sweet and almost like a croissant. I don't understand their intricacies enough to comment further but I do feel that the bak kwa version from Tiong Bahru Bakery has more character in its flavour. I am aware it's not a fair comparison.

Lune Croissanterie, morning bun

Their morning bun's like another croissant with sugar and cinnamon. Not bad.

Lune Croissanterie, long black

Coffee's pretty decent. Aromatic and adequately intensity from the roast.

Lune Croissanterie, croissant

We packed a croissant back to try because these were apparently the thing that Lune is known for. It's okay. Pretty sure I didn't taste all the engineering that went into it.

Lune Croissanterie, Fitzroy, Melbourne

That being said, I didn't dislike anything we had from Lune. I wouldn't mind coming back for more pastries if I didn't have to wait in line for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment