Monday, March 21, 2016

Ginza Kushi Katsu, Paragon


From what little I could gather, this shop (#B1-47 Paragon, 290 Orchard Road, tel : +65 6262 1304 ) is a kushikatsu joint that also specializes in gyu katsu. Armed with the notion that their gyu katsu is the first of its kind in this country. I would beg to differ. The difference between the first and any runner ups is an eternity because there can only be one first. So these guys aren't even close.

But if we were to go into pointless semantics, they are technically the first gyu katsu which required me to further cook my meat because their "precise method" of "deep fried for 60 seconds in 215°C" didn't quite produce the medium rare they claim to deliver. That meat was more rare than medium rare.

Anyways...they recommend a few selection of dips to go with the meat including wasabi with shoyu. I recommend just salt. That above was the tenderloin option which was cheaper than the ribeye which they also offer. Shredded cabbage is free flow but the rice isn't. And they don't do the sesame dressing that keeps me going back to the tonkatsu joints Tonkichi and Saboten. That sesame dressing was a lot more draw than I thought now that I'm missing it here.

I can't say that I am impressed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i always love reading your reviews! this one is sharp! Love it!