Monday, December 25, 2017

Ramen Nagi, Suntec City

Ramen Nagi, black king

Ramen Nagi (#01-512/513 Suntec City Tower 2, 9 Temasek Boulevard, tel : +65 6266 1502)  from Japan opened up a couple of months back. Tonkotsu based and looked Hakata styled one at that. Like any ramen-ya with publicity, these guys attracted long lines during the opening.

I got a bowl of their Black King - one with obsidian broth that's been blackened with squid ink, blackened garlic and black sesame. The broth was rich, slightly viscous even after mixing with what appeared to be a ball of black pepper sauced minced meat and was quite delicious. Liked that the squid ink flavour came through along with the garlic. Even though I had opted for their extra hard option for the noodles - presumably harigane, it was still softer than I had expected. Pork belly was tender and had some nice melty fats.

I think I liked this enough to come back to try another bowl.

Ramen Nagi, black king

No comments: