Thursday, December 07, 2017

Ah Mah Traditional Homemade Egg Sponge Cake




It hasn't escaped me how woefully thick the marketing of this particular branding was. The over borrowed 'grandma', the use of the word 'traditional', a needless reference to a 'home' that doesn't exist and one could wonder, how many sponge cakes aren't made with eggs? Stripped of all the meaningless words, it's simply just 'cake'.

I usually don't queue for these things and assuming that I'm interested, will wait for the maddening crowd to die down before bothering. But we stumbled upon a relatively short queue today and decided to try.

It's not bad fresh off the oven. I was expecting this cheese flavoured version to be a little cheesier but oh well. I wouldn't mind if I didn't have to queue for them.

No comments: