Friday, August 03, 2018

Konbu saba yaki teishoku from Nakajima Suisan

Nakajima Suisan, konbu saba yaki teishoku

We came across a limited time teishoku item at Nakajima Suisan. It was a konbu saba yaki. The menu described it as mackerel marinated with kelp. I was instantly curious about how the fish would taste like. I mean, when was the last time you came across grilled fish that had been marinated by seaweed? Wouldn't you be curious at the very least?

Nakajima Suisan, konbu saba yaki

While it was a decent grilled fish as per their usual standards, I was a little disappointed because there was no additional flavour on the saba. Tasted exactly like regular saba without any seaweed flavour. Well, at least now I know how theirs taste like since I've never ordered before. 

Nakajima Suisan

No comments: