Saturday, September 15, 2018

Between sliced bread at Japan Rail Cafe

Japan Rail Cafe, kaisenwich

Japan Rail Cafe's special of the month in September is their kaisenwich. As one might have surmised - the name which is a mesh of seafood in Japanese (kaisen) and a sandwich. Bread from Asanoya Bakery presumably. Filled with minced crab, Hokkaido scallops, tobiko and onions. It tasted nicer than it sounded.

I was also surprised by how much I enjoyed their Ultimate ABC burger - their bacon cheese burger with avocado. Juicy if relatively uncharred wagyu patty in a stack where the flavours weren't muddled. And yes, I would be judging it using a set a different standards that I normally do for burgers because they're Japanese. I liked them even though it didn't have some of the usual characteristics I go for. Just because I accept that they're a thing.

Japan Rail Cafe, ultimate abc burger

No comments: