Monday, September 10, 2018

Hainan Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee (海南福建炒蝦麵), Golden Mile Food Centre

Hainan Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee (海南福建炒蝦麵), Golden Mile Food Centre

I've never been very big on Hokkien mee. Most of the stalls do the saucy ones which isn't my thing. I don't dislike them. Just don't find the majority of them eat-worthy. What I liked about Hainan Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee (#B1-34 Golden Mile Food Centre, 505 Beach Road) was that it wasn't saucy. That meant that there wasn't any of the reduced stock that thickened like gravy to coat the noodles. I think the stock was boiled off in the stir fry. Kinda like the plates churned up by Nam Sing at Old Airport Road FC. Not exactly as crustacean-y as the Serangoon Gardens stall at Redhill FC. Chilli was moderately spicy. Still rather tasty as a whole. There doesn't seem to be much of a difference between the $4 or $5 plate though. Both looked puny. 

No comments: