Tuesday, May 03, 2022

More noodles from Ji Ji Noodle House (基記麵家)

Ji Ji Noodle House (基記麵家), wanton noodles

There's chatter about the wanton noodles from Ji Ji Noodle House. The reason I got one was because of what I've heard/read about how it tasted different from the other styles and I was curious. That part about it tasting different was true. I'm not sure how to describe the flavour. Not a fan though. 

Nothing about the individual toppings were outstanding. Maybe I'm just not a local wanton noodles person. I was hoping that perhaps the noodles were what made it special but the texture wasn't my type as well. While it already had a bunch of flavours going on from the sauce, I thought those noodles were better for me with their chilli paste which had a nice ikan bilis flavour. 

Ji Ji Noodle House (基記麵家), curry noodles

I liked their curry chicken noodle better than the wanton noodles. Curry's thin but had a bit of heat and was more straightforward savoury. Good enough to drink. They didn't have particularly tender chicken though. Will probably be sticking to the curry chicken chop noodles if I come back.

Ji Ji Noodle House (基記麵家), Hong Lim Food Centre

No comments: