Sunday, May 08, 2022

Yakiniku-GO Plus, Suntec City

Yakiniku-GO Plus, yakiniku go set

I've been wanting to try Yakiniku-GO since I've heard about them and their smoke free personal sized grills. I wouldn't say it's a hundred percent smoke free but...we happened to be at Suntec and saw that they've an outpost named Yakiniku-GO Plus (01-353/354 Suntec City Mall, Tower 5 West Wing, 3 Temasek Boulevard). From what I could gather, this was the "premium" branch that also offers pricier cuts of wagyu. Which we didn't get. We started basic.

Yakiniku-GO Plus, on the grill

Basic like their Yakiniku-GO set which featured gyutan, short plate and a ribeye steak. I liked how the short plate crisps nicely while the strips of ribeye were moist and meaty. Gyutan was kinda chewy though. My fears of the sauce over the meats were also unfounded as they didn't distract much from the natural flavours. In fact, I found their house made tare really good with the meats.

Yakiniku-GO Plus, lamb

Couldn't resist ordering lamb after seeing it on the menu. In retrospect, I kinda liked this better than the beef. Not that I didn't like the beef.

Yakiniku-GO Plus, rice

Here's me wishing that the rice and kimchi portions were either much larger or refillable for the sets. Gonna come back again to get me more yakiniku.

Yakiniku-GO Plus, Suntec City

No comments: