Friday, October 20, 2023

Tracy's Sarawak Kitchen (品記小厨), Geylang Lorong 25A

Tracy's Sarawak Kitchen (品記小厨), Geylang Lorong 25A

Tracy's Sarawak Kitchen (8890 Eating House, 90 Geylang Lor 25A, tel : +65 8863 5836) is literally just beside Aljunied MRT. The proprietress is Sarawakian from Kuching and what the stall offers is presumably a showcase of food from that part of Malaysia.

Tracy's Sarawak Kitchen (品記小厨), kuching qq noodles kolo mee

The menu states this as Kuching QQ noodles and it's what most of us here would identify as just kolo mee. Love the texture from those thin curly noodles. Savoury and oiled, textured with salty minced pork. It's probably just me but I would have preferred this without the char siew. One can help themselves with the fried lard from the stall.

Tracy's Sarawak Kitchen (品記小厨), money cai noodles

One of the dishes they're known for is their money cai longevity noodle. The Chinese name is 马尼菜 which sounds like mani cai. I Googled and they're also referred to as sweet leaf or star gooseberry. I'm not sure what I tasted because I don't think it had much flavour. But the eggy noodles with the fried lard were so delicious.

Tracy's Sarawak Kitchen (品記小厨), hakka braised pork

Tried their Hakka braised pork. They're relatively tender but not so tender that one didn't need teeth. Here's me wishing it was the latter. Meat's braised with a sweet nutty sauce that's a little reminiscent to me of babi pongteh or rendang. It was good for a few pieces before surfeit crept in.

No comments: