Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Original Botak Jones, Depot Road

Original Botak Jones, lots of chicken platter

Came by the Depot Road branch of Botak Jones (Yue Hua Coffee Shop, 118 Depot Lane) for some grilled chicken. It's that same place where Wong Kee Noodle is. I remember the days when they would breathe bustling life into the location they set up stall. Things are very different today.

Anyways that's their Lots of Chicken Platter - I got it because all the three grilled chickens they have on menu are on it. I was also hoping to relive some of their Cajun Chicken nostalgia. There's the option for chicken thigh instead of breast meat these days.

Today I learnt that I don't understand what made me like their Cajun Chicken in the past. It's not a bad tasting chicken but it's not great either. Something to do with the sauce just like the BBQ piece which wasn't the BBQ flavour I had in mind. That made the black pepper piece the better tasting of the lot as simple as it looked/sounded.

Original Botak Jones, Depot Road

No comments: