Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Texas Chicken's charcoal chicken for Halloween

Texas Chicken, charcoal chicken

I came with minimal expectations for the gimmicky charcoal chicken Texas has on limited run this October. It turned out to be better than I had imagined - even redeeming the last run we had with them.

Texas Chicken, charcoal chicken

Batter was crunchy and nicely spiced with heat while the meat from the bird was moist and tender. They delivered on that front and I couldn't ask for more. What's more though, was the impressive spicy smokey dip on the side which was the proverbial icing on the cake.

Texas Chicken, sjora lychee berry

Even the Sjora lychee berry drink was sweet and delicious. What surprised me was that it was Nutrigraded B, no worse.

The only gripe I had was how much they were charging. $15.90 for this measly portions and to swap the powdered potato for coleslaw required a top up of $1.50. Each additional piece of charcoal chicken was $6.50. 😲

No comments: