Friday, December 15, 2017

Sri Rajya Lakshmi Narasimhan, Serangoon Road

Sri Rajya Lakshmi Narasimhan, south indian meal

I've been meaning to come down to this place (436 Serangoon Road) since that time I was recommended to their food court stall down at Changi Business Park. This was where things got a little confusing. That food court stall was Sri Lukshmi Naarashimhan which was exactly what the decal spelt here. But the sign for the shop said Sri Rajya Lakshmi Narasimhan. I'm assuming it's probably just a little change in the name and how things are spelled.

But there's more. Google lists their contact as 9051 6326 while Happy Cow has both 6292 7740 and 6292 2434. Meanwhile the sign on the shop goes 6299 1424. Not that I tried calling any of them.

I was looking forward to giving their Andhra meal another go today but apparently they didn't have it. The proprietress simply said that it would be available next month. I ended up with a South Indian meal instead. The question I have is - is there a time of the year when such meals are available or am I just unlucky?

Sri Rajya Lakshmi Narasimhan, Serangoon Road

Anyway, the meal was quite delicious. They spooned some ghee onto the rice after it was served and also gave a little dollop of some pickled thing which was pretty sour. There's the usual sambar, rasam, yoghurt and a spiced yoghurt. The latter I've not seen served around before. That ghee definitely added an additional delicious depth to the rice. I'm pretty sure I'm coming back again.

No comments: