Thursday, July 16, 2020

Hei Lun Shi Tang (黑輪食堂), Queensway Shopping Centre

Hei Lun Shi Tang (黑輪食堂), lu rou fan (卤肉饭)

I've heard about this shop selling Taiwanese styled lu rou fan (卤肉饭) sequestered in the second storey of Queensway Shopping Centre (#02-47, 1 Queensway). Decided to check them out since I was nearby. Now I haven't tried any of these in Taiwan so I haven't a frame of reference for comparison except some bowls I've had ages ago at Lai Lai and the defunct Peng Lai Ge. If anyone hasn't noticed, the ones here were served in a metal bento box.

What did I think of it? It's not a bad eat. I had imagined the minced meat gravy to be a lot more flavourful for something that supposedly contained much pork and fat with spices though. Liked the salted vegetables on the side which was appetizing. As a whole, I haven't any complains. Wouldn't mind eating it again. If I can resist the force from Janggut downstairs that is.  

Hei Lun Shi Tang (黑輪食堂), Queensway Shopping Centre

No comments: