Sunday, January 28, 2018

Burgeroom, Mira Place One, Tsim Sha Tsui

Burgeroom, Mira Place One, Tsim Sha Tsui

I've been hearing about Burgeroom (Shop 207, L2, Mira Place One, 132 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, tel : +852 3702 0361) for some years now. For some reasons, out of thousands of posts on their burgers that can be found on the web, there has never been one done by someone knowledgeable enough to properly describe how these guys do their beef. I had an idea based on how they looked, so I guess this visit was to validate what I had thought that might be.

Burgeroom, double foie gras burger

I was right. It was marinated and neither aged nor blended for flavour. It wasn't very beefy and it also wasn't clad in even a decent char. So yeah - the cheese and foie gras weren't killing anything. I ordered this double foie burger sans the sauce. The meat reminded me of how those patties at Botak Jones tasted. It's not as refined as Beef & Liberty nor was it as masculine as those from Butcher's Club. Not a fan, but I wouldn't mind giving their chicken burgers a go the next time.

Burgeroom, truffle cheese fries

There's truffle cheese fries on the menu. Not getting any of the truffle flavours but the cheese was kinda salty and cheesy. I actually enjoyed this.

Burgeroom, Mira Place One, Tsim Sha Tsui

No comments: