Sunday, August 15, 2021

McRambling

McDonald's kopi frappe

So I tried the Kopi Frappé today. While they claim that it tastes like local coffee, we've had enough local coffee in our lives to distinguish the nuances of their flavours to tell that it doesn't totally pass off as one. Don't have the words to describe it now. It was a good attempt at kopi though and I didn't think it tasted bad.

McDonald's Big Mac banana pie

The Big Mac is nostalgia. For me that is. It remains one of my earliest memory of a sandwich from McD as a kid besides their hamburger. While hazy, I still recall the first times I've had it not knowing then that it had sunk its insidious eldritch claws into me, threading into me the spores of happiness that will be triggered years later. This one tasted very much like how I remember them - even though the kiosk has options for customization these days where I could remove 1 unit of sauce and add another unit of onions to it.

McDonald's banana pie

I got the limited time banana pie hoping to be at least be able to pretend it was goreng pisang. The operative word here is 'pretend'. Which many of us do many times for varying reasons. I like bananas anyway.

McDonald's banana pie

Somewhat worked but this sauce and banana chunks will obviously never replace actual goreng pisang

McDonald's

What I couldn't fathom was what has Ben Yeo to do with chicken rice in any degree at all to even coalesce into a collaboration that made sense. McDonald's X Ben Yeo? How does that even compute? As far as gimmicks went, this was flaccid. 

No comments: