Thursday, August 12, 2021

Makan Society SG, Chinatown Food Centre

Makan Society SG, nasi padang

At least half of the stalls at Chinatown FC were closed. I was looking around for lunch because what I had wanted was also not opened for the day and I stumbled upon Makan Society SG (#02-052, Chinatown Complex Market and Food Centre, 335 Smith Street). These guys are just a few stalls away from Lin Da Qiang and Mr Fish.

That above was rice layered with sotong hitam, some curry mutton and sambal goreng. Pretty decent. I had initially thought that the rice needed more gravy but I found that there was a pool of that cuttlefish ink gravy from the sotong hitam at the bottom of the box. Plenty of savoury/umami going on - was pretty happy with the flavour of mutton from the curry and the cuttlefish ink. 

Speaking of mutton, they were relatively tender but tasted like frozen meat. Squid had that seafood-y flavour of something stewed in that ink so that was nice. I've had tastier sambal goreng though.

Makan Society SG, Chinatown Food Centre

No comments: