Thursday, March 10, 2022

16 minutes at Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodle

Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodle, Crawford Lane

I was here at Tai Hwa a little earlier than the regular lunch time. Quarter to noon perhaps and was quite surprised that there wasn't a crazy queue going on. The queue was 16 minutes which could have been about the same duration or slightly faster than the days before they had gotten their Michelin star.

Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodle, mee pok

The bowl felt lacklustre. The vinegar was there but their vinegary punch was missing. The noodles were also softer that what I remember. Which is kinda disappointing because the firm textures and that punchy sharpness was what I was anticipating. So I guess my fall back option is probably just as good since it's also a much more convenient location for me.

Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodle, Crawford Lane

No comments: