Monday, March 21, 2022

Fade to Black (Tap)

Black Tap, lamb burger

Been a while since we last came over to Black Tap.

Black Tap, yum yum yuzu lager
Black Tap, lost coast peanut butter chocolate milk stout

Decided to try a couple of drinks to get out of the Brooklyn Lager cycle. Not that I didn't like it but I just wanted to see if there was anything else that might have been good. The Yum Yum Yuzu was okay, not memorable even though that yuzu flavour came through. The other was the Peanut Butter Chocolate Milk Stout from Lost Coast brewery. I understand the peanut butter part because I tasted it but I don't get any chocolate milk. Nice for novelty. Not getting them again though.

Black Tap, reuben burger ig

I was kinda lured in today by the picture of their Reuben Burger that they posted on their social media. Notice the thick moist slice of pastrami they featured. The picture was deliberately misleading and it's kinda sad to know that these guys aren't above doing that.

Black Tap, reuben burger
Black Tap, reuben burger
Black Tap, reuben burger

The actual pastrami looked like this. Flat, pan fried and functioned like a bacon substitute rather than a disintegrate in your mouth slab of smoked brisket I was imagining. Didn't taste bad but this was way off expectations.

Black Tap, Marina Bay Sands

No comments: