Thursday, March 03, 2022

Ganga thali from Madras Woodlands Ganga

Madras Woodlands Ganga, ganga thali

We were trying to get a seat for lunch at Madras New Woodlands. With the tables completely filled, the restaurant suggested that we could eat at another location of theirs that would have seats and walked us over. That other location turned out to be Madras Woodlands Ganga a street away (1 Cuff Road, tel : +65 6295 3750). This was their Ganga thali which didn't seem very different from the VIP thali I had at Madras New Woodlands. With a couple of poori instead of a bhattura.

How was it? I loved it. Loved the rich and creamy paneer butter masala. Enjoyed their star anise flavoured korma. Couldn't get enough of those savoury vegetable sides and the briyani was delicious. Did I forget to mention the refreshing raita and hold up...... I even finished the gulab jamun. It's been a while since I've had one of these rice meals and I had almost forgotten how yummy these carb heavy and rich vegetarian meals could be.

No comments: