Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Ivy's Hainanese Herbal Mutton Soup, Pasir Panjang Food Centre

Ivy's Hainanese Herbal Mutton Soup, Pasir Panjang Food Centre

I've generally never been someone for our local Chinese herbal mutton soup. Usually prefer my mutton soup not herbal and without ginger or coriander to detract from the natural flavour of the meat. But I had also been curious about Ivy's Hainanese Herbal Mutton Soup (#01-14 Pasir Panjang Food Centre, 121 Pasir Panjang Road) for some time after reading about them. They looked richer than the "more common" variety around. 

Ivy's Hainanese Herbal Mutton Soup, Pasir Panjang Food Centre

I liked this in spite of the fact that I had just mentioned not being big on herbal flavours masking the flavour of the lamb. The herbal flavour from this one complemented those mutton-y flavour resulting in a delicious rich intensity that was it's own brand of sweet savouriness that also happened to be collagen rich. Thankfully I also couldn't taste ginger and I could order the bowl sans coriander. Love those tender mutton and fruity goji berries.

Pasir Panjang Food Centre, jackfruit shake

This wasn't from the same stall obviously. It was a jackfruit shake that I had ordered from a stall that only sold fruit juice nearby. First jackfruit shake I've had in my life. Thought that this one deserved mention because it tasted good with sufficient flavour from the fruit and it wasn't overly milky. For some reasons, I also enjoyed the light pulp in the drink.

Ivy's Hainanese Herbal Mutton Soup, Pasir Panjang Food Centre

No comments: