Friday, March 25, 2022

Ah Ma Chi Mian (阿嬤吃麵), Plaza Singapura

Ah Ma Chi Mian (阿嬤吃麵), Plaza Singapura

I got wind of this brand which was supposedly a "heritage brand inspired by the founder’s grandmother" a while ago. They've a few branches around so as with such branding, there's always a caveat lector behind it. Had never gotten a chance to try their noodles until today at the Kopitiam food court at Plaza Singapura (#06-15/16/17/18/1920 Plaza Singapura, 68 Orchard Road). The guy that was preparing my bowl looked like he wasn't sure around the kitchen. Hmmmm......

Ah Ma Chi Mian (阿嬤吃麵), Plaza Singapura

I got the bowl with meatballs. Meatballs were nice. Nice dried sole flavour that added loads of umami. Soup was also pretty good with the flavour coming off the fatty bits of minced pork inside. I'm gonna say that the noodles were okay - not exactly impressive like how I had in mind based on what I've heard about them. I think there was some sweetness in the chilli that bugged me. Wouldn't mind eating this again but I wouldn't go out of the way for it. 

Ah Ma Chi Mian (阿嬤吃麵), Plaza Singapura

No comments: