Tuesday, November 24, 2020

One Prawn Noodle (一號蝦麵), Golden Mile Food Centre

One Prawn Noodle - prawn noodle soup

My interest in One Prawn Noodle (#01-93 Golden Mile Food Centre, 505 Beach Road) was piqued by the same reason as everyone else - the owner chef Gwyneth Ang was formerly from Burnt Ends. Morbid trivia - prawn noodles would be her choice of a death row meal.

I've heard from people whom have tried, saying that their broth was too sweet. I'm not sure what has changed since the time they've had theirs and I have had mine but I didn't think that. Sure it leaned a bit more towards crustacean sweetness than savoury/salty but I didn't think it was excessive. Prawn balls weren't as prawn-y as they were peppery. Odd. That single prawn tasted fresh and sweet. Only one prawn though so I guess the name of the stall meant something. Heh!

But altogether a pretty enjoyable bowl. Wouldn't mind another the next time.

One Prawn Noodle - noir

No comments: