Thursday, November 26, 2020

Teochew Fish Ball Noodle (潮州魚圓粿條麵), Crawford Lane

Teochew Fish Ball Noodle (潮州魚圓粿條麵), Crawford Lane

I've come across the menion of this stall (Wiseng Food Place, 462 Crawford Lane) a number of times. Curiosity got the better of me and I came by for breakfast. There isn't a name for the stall beyond a sign which indicates what they sell and the portions they serve their noodles. Nothing else to be ordered here as far as I can tell. The queue was sparse before 9am so if one was looking to avoid them, you have been told what a good time is to be here.

Teochew Fish Ball Noodle - teochew fish ball mee pok

I got the mee pok. It's not bad. Noodles weren't clumped together or overly soggy, coated with a sheen of oil (lard!). The toppings were generic plus orange fish cakes I don't often see. Chilli was pretty good. There're toppings of fried lard and chopped garlic added after the bowl was assembled. I'd put this bowl as savoury and a little spicy. Can see myself eating this with regularity if only I was nearby often enough. 

Teochew Fish Ball Noodle (潮州魚圓粿條麵), Crawford Lane

No comments: