Saturday, September 30, 2006

Sushi Tei, Raffles City


I'm quite peeved at their service. Despite calling a day in advance for reservations, I was told that my name wasn't to be found on the list when I arrived. And now I had to wait in the queue just like a walk in. This is one example of bad service that restaurants here get away with. Probably the result of inadequate management. Still we decided on dinner here because there are some stuff from the menu which we were in the mood of having.


That's the seafood salad. It's a bunch of relatively lazy toss up of prawns, crab sticks, squid, lettuce and I think I spy a tomato. I'm not sure who ordered it. The only redeeming quality of this salad was the sauce which was quite appetising. One of my pet peeves is seafood dishes that contains crab sticks. I personally don't consider crab sticks to be seafood. The temerity of the practice goes to show the mentality of most people. Despite the preen and prose that countless pretend to have, they tolerate mediocrity and pay for it.


I forgot what is this called, but I liked these. It's beef wrapped golden mushrooms and it's chewalicious. This was one of those things I could go back to Sushi Tei for even though they are a little pricey.


Fried pork cutlet and soba which was ok I guess. I'm sure I've had better. The mass of soba is enlarged by the ice cubes buried beneath, so the portions aren't actually as big as it looks in the photo.


That above is the Dai Dai Roll. Yummy stuff. Let's take a closer look at it.


Basically, rice rolls topped with salmon sashimi, prawn roe and dripped with mayo. There's crab stick and mango stuffed in the middle of the rice. Another fancy junk I could come back for.


This is the Golden Roll. I liked this too.



Basically, a huge prawn is stuffed in the rice which is then draped in mango (I think) and ebiko. Another pricey tasty roll from Sushi Tei which I wouldn't mind turning for.


And that's the salmon belly soup filled with fatty salmon belly meat and vegetables. The soup was deliciously sweet. I wonder if it's MSG.

Gyozas.


Beef stir fried with onions. Tasty stuff too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your website, especially the pictures of food. I am hungry right now. Matter-of-fact, I've something on the stove as I write. I don't think you need to change anything, expect make those picture into whole pictures, so we can see the entire plate of food. You are teasing us with just half a picture. Please check out my site and leave your comments. Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

hmm, dude, many jap dishes also use crabstick, like the california handroll, guess this is how the cuisine is!

LiquidShaDow said...

@ onemargaret
Thanks. Good to know that the site is appreciated. Much as I would like the pictures to be more comprehensive, there is a limitation which is my tool of photography. My photos are taken from my Sony Ericsson k750i mobile phone which is 2 megapixel. So I need some proximity to achieve clarity. I do hope that someday, I have a better photo taking device.

Also, I am having some problems with Blogger not loading all the images of my page. I do not know if Blogger has lost my uploaded images or is it a web browser or computer issue, but some image placeholders do not have pictures. They were there when I made the entries.

@anonymous
my comment isn't really directed at crabsticks. I kinda like them actually. The grouse is actually against places that use seafood labels on their dishes and use crabsticks because I think if it's a seafood dish, it should just contain the original seafood. Crabsticks are fish based products, not even crab meat.

Anonymous said...

Nice site.

You can try Flickr to host your images, it'll load faster compared with having the images in Blogger itself.

Btw, have you tried Shimizu before?

LiquidShaDow said...

Thanks. If Blogger doesn't fix their image problem soon, I will have to start signing up with Flickr. What a poor show from Google.

LiquidShaDow said...

Nope, haven't tried Shimizu. Where is the place located?