Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Tolido's Espresso Nook, Crawford Lane

Tolido's Espresso Nook, coffee

It's been more than a couple of years since I first noticed this cafe (#01-63, 462 Crawford Lane, tel : +65 66480178). I didn't give them much thought since coffee places were a dime a dozen these days. Happening by recently, I noticed that they were still around and apparently doing brisk business. So we got up earlier one weekend and dropped by for a more breakfast than brunch thingy.

Kicked that off with a Bailey's coffee I did.

Tolido's Espresso Nook, smoked salmon lemon carbonara

We were intrigued by a smoked salmon lemon carbonara on the menu. It was more of a lemon Alfredo than carbonara with a cream sauce that had tanginess from lemon. Couldn't detect any real cheese, egg or even pepper for a carbonarization. There was a nice hint of dill in the creamy lemony sauce though. Wasn't bad at all. I thought I enjoyed it.

Tolido's Espresso Nook, rosti

Rosti's nice with a good crisp and real potato flavour. Kinda similar to those at Marché but these were less buttery. I need these with more eggs.

Tolido's Espresso Nook, french toast guinness glazed bacon

Couldn't resist something that was described with Guinness glazed bacon so we ordered the French toast. That Guinness glaze tasted like it had balsamic vinegar. Nothing stout-ish about the flavour but the tanginess did pair off with the sweetness from the maple syrup and custard stuffed in the toast. That toast was thoroughly soaked through with egg though so I liked it.

Tolido's Espresso Nook, Crawford Lane

No comments: