Thursday, July 11, 2019

Steak tartare from Les Bouchons

Les Bouchons, steak tartare

Les Bouchons has a menu that hasn't changed much for years. I found out recently that their restaurant Robertson Quay (#01-02 The Quayside, 60 Robertson Quay, tel : +65 6733 4414) has steak tartare. One that we had to mix for ourselves. 

In retrospect, I preferred to have someone professional doing this because I couldn't get the ratio of the condiments right. I also blame it on the measlier portions of aromatics. While it wasn't bad per se, I had a more enjoyable eat even with the gherkin-y rendition at The Ranch or the spicy heady one at  the defunct Hippopotamus. Remember them?

It's worth nothing that their parent (or is that sister?) restaurant L'Angelus prepares this dish tableside for a just dollar more. 

No comments: