Wednesday, September 01, 2021

Yuan Ji Fishball Noodles (源記魚圓麵), Tiong Bahru Food Centre

Yuan Ji Fishball Noodles U源記魚圓麵), mushroom minced meat mee pok

I wanted to try the other minced meat noodle stalls besides Tiong Bahru Bak Chor Mee which I've had previously. It was either Yuan Ji and Kim Fa and since the latter didn't seem to be open, I ended up here (#02-72 Tiong Bahru Food Centre, 30 Seng Poh Road).

Pretty average bowl. Didn't wow me much. I asked for extra lard (猪油) to get the extra flavour into the noodles but it didn't seem to do much. Mee pok was factory ordinary and they didn't overcook them. Honestly, I couldn't think of more to say about them because nothing in particular stood out for me so I'll stop trying. Might try their fishball noodles someday.

Yuan Ji Fishball Noodles U源記魚圓麵), Tiong Bahru Food Centre

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yuan Ji used to be very good . It was my must eat , till the old couple sold off their biz to a Chinese lady . After that everything just went downhill .