Monday, September 20, 2021

Nanyuan (南園), Beo Crescent Food Centre

Nanyuan (南園) , Beo Crescent Food Centre

I usually see a queue at Nanyuan (#01-68 Beo Cresecent Food Centre, 38A Beo Crescent) whenever I'm in the area and that had gotten me intrigued. Though I'm more of a bak chor mee person than a fishball noodle one, I don't mind the latter.

Nanyuan (南園), mee pok

Got myself a bowl of mee pok dry with extra Teochew dumplings (潮州饺子). I'm not sure what's the accurate name for these type of noodles as they're basically fishball noodles with minced pork. The minced pork here are placed with the ingredients in the soup instead of the bowl of noodles.

Nanyuan (南園), mee pok

Mee pok was generic. Not impressed with their chilli sauce. Lard was borderline expiring. Nothing about the noodles (texture or otherwise) nor saucing was special so that's that. 

Nanyuan (南園), fishballs meatball wanton fish cake soup

What I enjoyed was the bowl of ingredients though. Fishballs, fish cakes, fish dumplings and the additional Teochew dumplings I mentioned earlier. The latter looked like wanton and have pork fillings flavoured with dried sole. Similar to the ones from Xing Heng Feng Guo Tiao Tan (新恆豐粿條攤) which I think are a little nicer. 

Nanyuan (南園), Beo Crescent Food Centre

No comments: