Thursday, November 09, 2023

Fong Yong Tau Foo, Bukit Merah Central

Fong Yong Tau Foo, Bukit Merah Central

I don't know how long has Fong Yong Tau Foo (#01-3623, 164 Bukit Merah Central, tel : +65 6262 2788) been around for but I've only been introduced to them recently. Variety's pretty good and there's stuff that one doesn't normally find in regular yong tau foo stalls. Like sliced pork belly, hash browns and bacon wrapped enoki to name a few I've noticed. There's even a spaghetti sauce option.  

Fong Yong Tau Foo, Bukit Merah Central
Fong Yong Tau Foo, Bukit Merah Central

Got a selection with chee cheong fun for carbs. Did not expect that they would deep fry most of the items I had picked. In fact, I was imagining that except for the meatball, everything else would be in the soup. Maybe it's just something I've got to tell them. Chilli has a bit more heat than the usual ytf ones.

Fong Yong Tau Foo, Bukit Merah Central
Fong Yong Tau Foo, Bukit Merah Central

Speaking of the meatball, I had initially thought they were some mushroom balls. Looked a little different after they were fried. These were peppery and delicious. Will come back to try more stuff.

Fong Yong Tau Foo, Bukit Merah Central

No comments: