Saturday, May 23, 2020

Blue Ginger-ing @ home

Blue Ginger, delivery

Blue Ginger-ing at home from GrabFood. Their food was a little less expensive and felt a little bit more down to earth than Candlenut. But, I suppose I haven't eaten enough from the latter to make a proper comparison.

Blue Ginger, achar

Achar. Would have benefitted with more peanuts like what I've previously mentioned. I would have liked them to be pickled for a little longer for more punch. These didn't make me want to eat as much rice as I did back then so maybe something is different here.

Blue Ginger, babi pongtay

Pretty decent babi pongtay. The flavour was sufficient but I thought lacked a little intensity. Which in no way meant that it wasn't rich tasting in the first place. Not as pretty looking as the one from Godmama though.

Blue Ginger, sambal udang petai

Sambal udang petai - puny portions for $28. Did not represent good value for money at all. Even though the sambal was nutty, a little shrimpy and moreish on rice with those petai which they had too little of.

Blue Ginger, kangkong lemak

This kangkong lemak would really be improved by more generosity with the lemak gravy.

No comments: