Thursday, August 27, 2020

Another Jew Kit

Jew Kit, food delivery

We've had the chicken rice from Jew Kit more than a couple of times now so it was time we gave some of their cze char items a go. These guys were easily as expensive as Sin Hoi Sai.

Jew Kit, sui gao

Got sui gao soup. Not the kind of dumplings I liked. Texture wasn't so nice because there were no prawns or any water chestnut that I could tell. Definitely not one of the better sui gao around. Soup wasn't fantastic either.

Jew Kit, lychee sweet sour pork

Their lychee sweet and sour pork came in balls. Sauce had some lychee flavour but was otherwise not one of the better ones I've had. IMNSHO. Lychees were good though but I wished that they had included more of them. This rendition of the pork was soggy. I'm not sure if it was because of delivery or they were just that way.  I suspect the latter.

Jew Kit, roselle prawns

Roselle prawns. Nice. Never had prawn balls done with such a sauce before. Would have been more crisp if they were freshly served but the roselle sauce made up for it. Such fruity sweetness....oh, pretty sure there's a lot of sugar in there but that didn't stop it from being tasty. And expensive too.

Jew Kit, sambal kangkong

I liked their sambal kangkong. Their sambal rendition was one that found agreeable. Reminded me of those I had from a long time ago. But the portions were pretty small. #nostalgia Great pairing with the white rice though. Speaking of which, their rice wasn't dry - enough moisture yet beady.

No comments: