Monday, August 10, 2020

Fei Ye Ye Food Tradition (肥爷爷), Chinatown Food Centre

Fei Ye Ye Food Tradition (肥爷爷), wanton mee

I've never noticed the name of this stall (#02-177 Chinatown Food Centre, 335 Smith Street) before today but I'm pretty sure they've been around for a while. Decided to try their wanton mee because it looked good on someone else's table. Got an order of sui gao soup on the side as well.

Fei Ye Ye Food Tradition (肥爷爷), sui gao soup

Loved the noodles. Tasted like factory made ones I think but they timed the poaching impeccably resulting in the wiry springiness that I liked. I was given more wantons because they ran out of char siew. Wantons were okay - there wasn't anything particularly memorable about them. 

Their sui gao looked orange-y. Turned out that it was also filled with fine carrot strips beside the shrimp/pork/water chestnuts. There was a light gingery flavour to the fillings - wasn't the usual sesame oil and soy sauce flavour with black fungus type that I was looking forward to. But maybe I'll come back and get something else because the noodles were really good with the lard and chilli. 

Fei Ye Ye Food Tradition (肥爷爷), Chinatown Food Centre

No comments: