Saturday, December 24, 2022

Re-visiting Claypot & Cooked Food Kitchen (砂煲小厨)

Claypot & Cooked Food Kitchen (砂煲小厨), chinatown food centre

Claypot & Cooked Food Kitchen hasn't been opened for some time a while back - I know because I came by and was disappointed. Kinda held my breath a little there. What I gathered from a friendly source online was that the auntie from the stall had gotten some injury and that the reason they haven't been operating. Glad they're opened again. 😬 

Claypot & Cooked Food Kitchen (砂煲小厨), tofu roast pork

Ordered the tofu and roast meat. It's egg tofu they're using. Some were sliced thinner and were nicely browned and others weren't. This claypot was pretty generous with the roasted pork belly there but there were much less tofu than I was hoping to get. Wouldn't have known it was a tofu dish from the variety of ingredients they put in there.

Claypot & Cooked Food Kitchen (砂煲小厨), sea cucumber

This one was claypot sea cucumber......which also came with pretty generous portions of roasted pork belly. Both claypots so far tasted like they came with the same brown gravy. The sambal belachan rocks with the pork belly by the way. I know I can't complain at this price point but I wished there were more sea cucumber in it.

Claypot & Cooked Food Kitchen (砂煲小厨), kung bao chicken

Gotta declare this the awesome-est kung bao chicken (宫保鸡丁) I've had in recent years. The thick sauce was pronounced medley of sweetness, tanginess and heat underneath a layer of oil. The chicken which appeared to be all thigh meat was chunky. I liked it so much that I was slurping the sauce off the dried chillis when the meat was done. Ended up with a burning tongue but it was worth it.

Claypot & Cooked Food Kitchen (砂煲小厨), kailan

Stir fried (清炒) kailan was okay. I would have much preferred if they had used garlic instead of ginger as the aromatic.

Claypot & Cooked Food Kitchen (砂煲小厨), rice

Here be the sauce catcher.

Claypot & Cooked Food Kitchen (砂煲小厨), chinatown food centre

No comments: