Lunch at Nitty Gritty (21 Teo Hong Road, tel : +65 9637 5884). They're a restaurant which feels/looked like a cafe, serving American(Southern) inspired food with a dash of Asian/Singaporean elements/ingredients. It's like that.
Love their sparkling apple cream cider. This tasted like it's made from real apple juice with bit of spice and fizz. 👍🏼
That's the apple butter grits with toffee apple crisp. Smokey and very nice. The flavour was apples, toffee and smoke with spices and delicious crusty pecans. 👍🏼
Fried okra - not feeling for this one. I thought it was a little too greasy and maybe I just didn't like the batter to okra ratio.
Eggs with sesame and corn bread pancakes. Not bad - I liked how the dill and feta added herbaceous saltiness to the egg and sesame. And also liked how that honey chilli thingy on the side added to those eggs which I thought was really good.
Cheese grits were salty and nice. 👍🏼
That's their fronana - banana frozen yoghurt that's topped with more of those crusty pecans, chocolate buttons and their sachima (沙琪玛). How was it "their sachima"? I'm pretty sure it wasn't just the usual stuff that one might be able to get at Chinatown. That thing tasted of nutmeg and even though I was never one for sachima, I found it addictive.
The menu mentioned allspice, nutmeg and vanilla for their spiced vanilla latte. I only remembered/registered cinnamon.










No comments:
Post a Comment