Friday, September 25, 2026

Curry puff & goreng pisang from Selera Restaurant

Selera Restaurant, Mackenzie Road

I remember getting curry puffs in the vicinity many many years back. What I couldn't recollect was if they were from Selera Restaurant or Old Chang Kee across the road.

Selera Restaurant, goreng pisang curry puff

Tried a puff lately and based on impressions (aha!), I like these better than Old Chang Kee. But then again, I'm also biased against Old Chang Kee for their gimmicks and increasing prizes.

Selera Restaurant, curry puff

The skin was a nicer hue of golden brown and the fillings seem to taste "nicer". The oil in the fryer didn't inspire confidence though. Lol. 

Selera Restaurant, goreng pisang

Goreng pisang was awesome. Skin wasn't excessively thick or oily and had a good crisp to boot. The melty pisang raja inside was sweet and banana-y.

I need to come back for more of these.

Selera Restaurant, Mackenzie Road

No comments:

Post a Comment