Saturday, October 01, 2022

Charcoal-grill & Salad Bar Keisuke, Paya Lebar Square

Charcoal-grill & Salad Bar Keisuke, Paya Lebar Square

Charcoal-grill & Salad Bar Keisuke (#B1-16 Paya Lebar Square, 60 Paya Lebar Road, tel : +65 6241 8588) was one of Keisuke's that has eluded me for more than a couple of years. I avoided them because of the queues in the early days. Seems like the queues are still around. Just less crazy these days.

The setup for their food are teishoku sets with a choice of charcoal grilled meat that came with their bottomless salad bar.

Charcoal-grill & Salad Bar Keisuke, Paya Lebar Square

Wanted to avoid the carb-y stuff but I succumbed to the macaroni and mentai mayo spaghetti during round one. 😂 I like the hijiki / fungus / tanaka salad thingy.

Charcoal-grill & Salad Bar Keisuke, teriyaki gindara

We ordered the gindara teriyaki and misozuke. Decent grilling of those buttery chunks of cod.

Charcoal-grill & Salad Bar Keisuke, misozuke gindara

The teriyaki piece was sweeter than the misozuke. That was all I could discern. Both tasted pretty similar otherwise. Love that out-of-place-ish cube of cheese that came with fishes.

Charcoal-grill & Salad Bar Keisuke, Paya Lebar Square

Because bottomless salad bar.

Charcoal-grill & Salad Bar Keisuke, rice egg

Too bad the salad bar doesn't include the egg station like the one they have at Hamburg Steak Keisuke. The teishoku here only came with one onsen tamago. But me make best of what me have.

Charcoal-grill & Salad Bar Keisuke, coffee jelly

I'm not sure if it's imagination but Hamburg Steak Keisuke's salad bar seems to have nicer tasting coffee jelly that's more bitter. Maybe it's time I went back to refresh the memory.

Charcoal-grill & Salad Bar Keisuke, Paya Lebar Square

No comments: