Thursday, October 13, 2022

Some Oktoberfest food from Huber's this year

Huber's Bistro, Dempsey

Yeap, food from Huber's Oktoberfest menu. We ordered pretty much everything from there. (Into the Huber-verse! (十一十二十三十四)

Huber's Bistro, bayrisch hell

Some lager called Bayrisch Hell, a brew for their Oktoberfest menu. It's okay. I prefer their regular Grevensteiner or Schneider Weisse to this.

Huber's Bistro, lentil stew liver spatzle sausage

That's a lentil stew with weinerli and liver spatzle. I was mostly curious about the liver spatzle in the stew which looked a little grey. Couldn't taste much of the liver in them though. Stew as a whole was pretty delicious.

Huber's Bistro, schweinshaxe

Our half portion of schweinshaxe - or pork knuckles at a difficult to beat price of $12.50. Meat's not as tender as I was hoping for. In fact, I thought Brotzeit's gives these a run for their money. But where this excelled was the delicious crunchy crackling and their onion-y, thick and dark beer sauce which I thought was exceptional.

It would be remiss of me to not mention that cabbage slaw thing on the side which I thought was good and the nutmeg spiced bread dumpling on the side which I also liked.

Huber's Bistro, ribs

Here's a half rack of ribs in sweet barbeque sauce. No, this wasn't the tangy vinegar infused smoky variety that one commonly finds. This was just sweet and a little smoky. Meat was easily taken off the bone but it also wasn't as tender as I was hoping for.

Huber's Bistro, plum cake zwetschgendatschi

Plum cake. So says the menu. It was more like a pie/tart. Fillings were tart but I wouldn't say I didn't enjoy it. Pastry was pretty dense though.

Huber's Bistro, coffee

What's this?!

Huber's Bistro, copper lamp shade

No comments: