Friday, April 13, 2018

The Halal Guys at 53rd and 6th

New York, The Halal Guys, chicken gyro platter

I've read and heard quite a bit about this food cart. Since we weren't staying too far off their original location (West 53rd Street, NY 10019, tel : +347 527 1505) down at 53rd and 6th, we made out way down one night to see what the food was really about.

I got a chicken and gyro combo platter which came with spiced rice. While it was nothing that would really floor anyone, I could see why it was a popular choice. This was frills free comfort food with the prerequisite proteins and starches that made excellent eating in the cold weather here. The smell was enticing and what made these exciting were the white and hot sauces. Especially that hot sauce which meant business. My lips were burning and I actually perspired after going through three packets of that stuff.

New York, The Halal Guys 53rd and 6th

No comments: