Friday, December 04, 2020

Ah Ter Teochew Fishball Noodles, Amoy Street Food Centre

Ah Ter Teochew Fishball Noodles, mee pok

I've heard numerous mentions of Ah Ter Teochew Fishball Noodles (#01-14 Amoy Street Food Centre, 7 Maxwell Road). Happened by one early weekend afternoon before the queue gotten long.

I liked it. The mee pok had a nice texture and were well tossed that it didn't clump together. Very competent bowl of noodles that would have been better if they hadn't added ketchup. What got my attention was their bowl of soup filled with the usual suspect but quality ingredients. I liked that the soup had a nice sweetness (from the cabbage and pork I hope and not MSG) and the aroma of garlic. I will be back.

A few days later......

Ah Ter Teochew Fishball Noodles, mee pok

Tried their 白的. Doesn't look very different from the last time but this bowl of noodles had no chilli/ketchup mixed in. I wanted to taste how it would be with just vinegar and their cut chillis. Not bad. Vinegar tasted a little thin though. Without the chilli/ketchup, I was getting a pretty pronounced flavour from the lard in the mee pok. There's even more of those crispy fried lard in their soup.

Ah Ter Teochew Fishball Noodles, stall

No comments: