Saturday, October 02, 2021

Dassai Sakura Rice Burger and an update of the mussels nuggets from MOS Burger

MOS Burger, Dassai Sakura Rice Burger

MOS Burger hasn't inspired much confidence in the past years. I remember that they used to be tasty a long time back but their food standards have since declined. And that's not because we have gotten used to better alternatives. Still once in a while, I get lured in by something from them. Like their disappointing Impossible burger.

MOS Burger, Dassai Sakura Rice Burger

Things still look pretty good at this point. I was looking forward to trying the Dassai Sakura Rice Burger. I've had the mussels nuggets before and I remember them being not bad. These looked fat.

MOS Burger, Dassai Sakura Rice Burger

This didn't look much like the picture in their banner. I would construe the images of the sakura ebi in the picture of the burger to be deliberately misleading. The spear of asparagus was tiny enough to be hidden entirely between the rice buns.

MOS Burger, Dassai Sakura Rice Burger

I'm not tasting much from the sauce that they're trying to sell here. It didn't taste bad. It was just ordinary. For some reasons, it didn't pair with the prawn patty and vegetable kakiage which tasted like they were separate from the sauce.

MOS Burger, mussels nuggets

Sadly, a large proportion of those "fat" mussels nuggets were batter that I had remove them. Some of them nuggets were at least 50% batter.

No comments: