Saturday, October 16, 2021

TamJai SamGor Mixian (譚仔三哥), VivoCity

TamJai SamGor Mixian (譚仔三哥), VivoCity

I've come across the mention of this shop online a number of times but for some reasons, had associated them with Thai food until I saw the Cantonese name 譚仔三哥 that I understood what the name was and also realized that it was a Chinese soup noodle shop from Hong Kong. We came across one of their shop at VivoCity (#B2-28 VivoCity, 1 HarbourFront Walk, tel : +65 62549803) and was intrigued by the broth options for their noodles.

TamJai SamGor Mixian (譚仔三哥), sam gor spicy sour soup

This bowl was their SamGor hot and sour soup with pig's stomach, fish and premium sliced beef. Flavour was akin to Szechuan pickled mustard with a bit of mala styled heat. I think I went halfway up their spice meter because I had no idea how spicy things could get and I wasn't interested in not tasting the food. Heat was manageable so maybe I could up a notch in the future. 

TamJai SamGor Mixian (譚仔三哥), hunan cumin mid wings

While the menu described this as Hunan cumin mid wings, we were intrigued/amused by the Chinese 湖南土匪 (Hunan bandit) name. So we got some. Not bad. The wings were tender enough that we could slurp them off the bones and had a nice spice flavour topped with toasted sesame. Will come back another time to try another soup for their noodles.

TamJai SamGor Mixian (譚仔三哥), VivoCity

No comments: