Thursday, October 07, 2021

Another round at Hui Ji Fishball Noodles (輝記魚圓麵) on their turf

Hui Ji Fishball Noodles (輝記魚圓麵), yong tau fu fishball mee pok

I thought I would have another go at Hui Ji's noodles since it wasn't a good gauge the last time as I had packed them home. Without need for further elaboration, most of us would know that noodles in general don't survive take away very well. I wanted to see how it would be if I ordered and ate almost immediately after.

The verdict was that the noodles were much better but they were still not the doneness that I usually prefer. Would have liked more bite on them. What bothered me a little was that in spite of the chillis and whatnots, there was still that bit of sweetness in them from the dressing. Wasn't as savoury as I prefer. Sugars hidden somewhere that I could detect. Maybe it's their chilli sauce. It's a decent bowl of noodles for sure. I'm just not a fan.

Hui Ji Fishball Noodles (輝記魚圓麵), Tiong Bahru Food Centre

No comments: