Tuesday, October 05, 2021

Kanada-Ya, Paragon

Kanada-Ya, Paragon

Kanada-Ya opened a year plus back. I had gotten the impression from misleading headlines that they were from London but their site states that the ramen-ya started in Yukuhashi in the Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan. They've built themselves credentials and are known for their truffle tonkotsu ramen - something I had been curious about and wanted to try. We had a bowl at their shop in Paragon (#04-09 Paragon, 290 Orchard Road, tel : +65 6962 0505).

Kanada-Ya, truffle tonkotsu ramen

This wasn't a shabby bowl. I chose the extreme hardness for their noodles which was probably the proper harigane. Besides the truffle flavour which obviously came from the puree/paste/oil, there was an obvious porcine depth in the tonkotsu broth. Not as refined as Ippudo which has a cleaner taste but I don't mind them again. Will probably not get this truffle one again though.

I kinda enjoyed their charshu which was fat laced and sliced so thin that dissolved into rivulets of porkiness once I popped them into my mouth. 

Kanada-Ya, Paragon

I liked the broth enough to finish it. Might come back again someday to do another bowl.

Kanada-Ya, Paragon

No comments: