Saturday, November 26, 2022

Lau Wang Claypot Delights, Bugis+

Lau Wang Claypot Delights, Bugis+

Came across Lau Wang Claypot Delights (#04-13 Bugis+, 201 Victoria Street, tel : +65 9135 3392) the last time we were here, made a mental note to check them out and now we're here.

Lau Wang Claypot Delights, sambal kangkong

Decent sambal kang kong with shrimpy heat from the sambal. It's a little more saucy than I was expecting.

Lau Wang Claypot Delights, herbal sliced fish soup

Their herbal sliced fish soup came with six thick slices of snakehead. Pretty herbal and sweet - that's as much as I can describe it. I felt it was a little too sweet at the start but I kinda got used to the flavour as I drank it. Wouldn't say I'm a fan of the soup but I didn't dislike it and I loved the fish.

Lau Wang Claypot Delights, ngoh hiong

Ngoh hiong passed muster. What got my attention about these was the lack of excessive use of five spice powder. The skin was crispy and the stuffings were minced pork and water chestnut. Not bad tasting and pretty good eat with the chilli sauce they included on the side.

Lau Wang Claypot Delights, spicy frogs

This was their spicy frog claypot - perhaps their rendition of 宫保田鸡 with heat that progressively caught on. Definitely not the standards of kung bao frog I had in mind. Again I didn't dislike them but I was bothered with how small the frogs were. We ordered the pot with three frogs and there was too little meat methinks. 

Lau Wang Claypot Delights, rice

To catch all the sauces.

Lau Wang Claypot Delights, Bugis+

No comments: