Friday, November 11, 2022

Ming Shan (明汕), Chinatown Food Centre

Ming Shan (明汕), Chinatown Food Centre

I passed by this stall (#02-093 Chinatown Food Centre, 335 Smith Street) a number of times previously and had always been drawn to the fragrance of mutton emanating from it. That also came with a pretty strong herbal aroma which came from their broth. Curiosity prevailed and we finally got ourselves a bowl of something to find out if we liked it because I generally am not a big fan of local Chinese mutton soup. Ivy's Hainanese Herbal Mutton Soup for what they are doesn't count.

Ming Shan (明汕), lamb ribs mee sua

That bowl of something was lamb ribs mee sua. The broth was much more herbal than the one at Ivy's but it was unexpectedly (for me) also enjoyable. The mee sua did it's job of soaking up the broth that each chopstick-ful was flavourful. I would be remiss if I didn't mention how slide off the bone tender and lamb-y those ribs were, especially for those bits with the fat. Chilli was pretty tangy and tends to overwhelm even the lamb so it's not necessary.

I will return.

Ming Shan (明汕), Chinatown Food Centre

No comments: