Wednesday, November 03, 2021

Chicken claw noodle with sui gao from Lucky Wanton Noodle (好彩云吞面)

Lucky Wanton Noodle (好彩云吞面), Tanjong Pagar Food Centre

I remember getting dumpling noodles from Lucky Wanton Noodle years ago and having a good impression of them. I wanted to relive that and instead got distracted by the braised chicken claw so I ended up with the chicken claw noodles instead - with additional sui gao (水饺). 

Love how the herbal savoury sweet braising sauce had been infused into those slurp off the bone tender claws. Sui gao was well stuffed and filled with minced pork, shrimps and black fungus but I've been spoilt by Hong Kong Soya Sauce Chicken Noodle Rice (香港玫瑰油鸡麵饭) and Xiang Jiang Soya Sauce Chicken (香江豉油鸡) that I'd have to rank this one below them. Not that these weren't good. They were.

Unfortunately, their noodles didn't do it for me. I prefer something with more bite. In a twist of irony, I also found myself liking the dark soya sauce concoction for their wanton/sui gao noodles over the braising sauce from the chicken claws. 

Lucky Wanton Noodle (好彩云吞面), Tanjong Pagar Food Centre

No comments: